Sunday, January 1, 2017

Career Paths


This past October, we relocated to Northern California as I accepted a position as a Creature TD at Lucasfilm.  I have been pretty busy with the whole move-across-the-country and starting-a-new-job thing,  so blogging has taken a back seat for the past few months.  I don't have much to blog about for now as I am still digesting a lot that has happened over the past couple months.

I have given a lot of thought about career paths (mostly while riding the bus around town, something I also never thought I would do when I was younger).  In school, you are taught about the categorization of art disciplines within art industries and how that helps to put you "on rails to getting a job and setting your career".  I knew I had a passion for rigging characters, that has taken me across job titles, across industries and across disciplines some times.  I've had the opportunity to work on some film, some real time work and now it is a mixture of the two.  This is definitely not something I could have imagined my career to be like when I was in college about 10 years ago - and I am glad things did not work as I had planned back then - it has been far better.


No comments:

Post a Comment